Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rose's thoughts on Elizabeth Browning's poem "Aurora Leigh Book Two"

Oh Aurora stay strong. After reading this book of the poem it's hard not to notice the strength this young girl has. Such a role model for me being but years younger than the twenty year old. What courage she has to ignore her aunt's wishes and turn Romney's marriage proposal down and cease from taking his money. In a world where anyone would give anything to be rich and well taken care of, Aurora finds a more natural meaning of life and seems to stand by her decisions and trust in herself. She definitely deserves more in life than a man who doesn't believe in her or her passions. How lucky am I that I have found a man who loves me, tends to me when those awful fevers return, has given up his political aspirations up for my reputation alone, and does good as often as he can- just like me. I think I shall let Nancy read this book when I am through.

No comments:

Post a Comment