Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh Hello Again!

You know dearies, I had one last thought I wanted to share with you. Let me know what you think.
As I made my way though Tennyson's In Memoriam A.H.H I understood that he felt great loss over his friends death. I truly pity him, although I do wonder if maybe he dwelled on it for a bit too long. There needs to be room for grief, but there also needs to be room for moving on and appreciating the every day miracles in life ( See, I feel I can say this as I have been through deaths of dearly loved ones). Anyways, I wondered if his feels of loss could be applied to simply missing someone. Do you know what I mean? Tennyson mourned the death of his friend, but could these same feels apply to missing someone who has been away? I think I felt some of these feelings when Oliver was gone- I was so troubled and worry-stricken. I missed that poor boy and I did not question my God or think of the finality of the situations, but I did worry that might never see him again. I did think understand Tennyson when he felt others were judging him as he mourned, " ' Loss is common to the race'-/ and comming is the commonplace,/ and vacant chaff well meant for grain" ( lyric 6, lines 1-4). Others say I knew Oliver for so short a time and loss is common, I had no need to spend my precious thoughts worrying over him and missing him. I believe that this is hogwosh! I loved that dear boy with my whole heart and I sure did miss him, no matter what others said. I felt great loss and could think of nothing else as this poor Tennyson could not either

No comments:

Post a Comment