Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A note from Mrs. Bedwin

Hello Dearies,

I'm writing today to deeply aplogize for my lack of posts and comments on our blog. I know I commited to doing this literature group with you, but it seems that my old, silly self tried to bite off more than she could chew. Silly me, I always seem to be doing that. Why, just the other day I told Mr. Brownlow, when he was upset about his dying flower boxes, that I would work my magic and get the flowers to bloom again. Oh dear, what was I thinking? This has proven to be quite the difficult task( those finicky flowers!) on top of the normal household chores and try to keep with the young boy.

Anyways, back to the readings. I have tried my best to keep up with the actual reading- it would be doing myself a diservice, you know, not to be reading. It's such a gift that I am able to get the material and have the ability to read that I need to make sure I am taking advantage of that. I have made sure to get up extra early in the morning, before Mr. Brownlow needs me in the kitchen, to read under the rising sun. Oh, it was so comforting to hear about the dreams of young Aurora Leigh; I'm so glad that she made it through the death of her parents and time with her cruel aunt. Poor thing. I really do need to share this story with Oliver so he knows he has a future and someone to look up to.

Now, Tennyson.... I had a wee bit of a hard time wrapping my head around what he had to say. The poor things lost a friend close to him, but I wonder sometimes what he is trying to say ( I guess some of the words are a little fancy for my understanding) and why it has taken him to long to say it. But, oh well, somethings are not for me to understand. I just tried to dwell on and imagein the images in his poem- this A.H.H must have been quite the special man, it would have been an honor to have met him.

Alright Dearies, this is all I can post for early morning. I must attend to Mr. Browning and get Oliver up out of bed. And this dirty house won't clean itself and the breakfast won't cook itself!


Friends, do know that I meant to get to these posts everyday, but time escaped me. I hope you can understand

No comments:

Post a Comment