Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rose Maylie's thoughts about Robert Browning's "The Bishop Orders His Tomb at Saint Praxed’s Church"

Oh this poem makes me think. Will I be remembered when I'm gone? A poor orphan in London doesn't seem important enough to remember anyways. I do hope if I die though, my beloved Harry and others that care for me will remember me for the good I've done and tried to do. I don't need a fancy tomb to be laid in like the Bishop in this poem, all I need are my friends and what is left of my family, the only family I've ever know, around. But I don't want to think about death right now, I'm too young. For now I'll focus on the good I can do. Speaking of good, I need to get back to nursing Oliver. Poor boy fell into the wrong crowd and done got himself shot. Poor boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment